All Pengower Application passwords are encrypted with customer administrated password policies, not visible to Pengower staff. The Pengower Platform also employs sophisticated session key management and the fact that Pengower Applications are completely dynamic (and do not use the concept of “web pages”) adds a further level of security above and beyond most web-based systems.
All Pengower Applications monitor themselves for unauthorized access, and Customer administrators can monitor login patterns and usage. In addition Pengower Applications offer granular control over data access.
Customers access the Cloud Application using 128-bit SSL encryption for every transaction and the Pengower Platform is authenticated using VeriSign Certification.
Furthermore, Pengower uses firewall technologies to prevent probing and detect attempted intrusions. Pengower constantly monitors a review firewall logs as part of its security policy.
Infrastructure and Operation
- Across the Internet – all requests and data transfers take place using SSL Encryption with 128-bit keys.
- Intrusion – the servers are protected by state of the art firewalls and undergo regular penetration tests from a 3rd party provider to ensure continued security.
- Physical Security – the data centre has round the clock security and requires photo ID to gain access. The servers are housed within private cabinets.
- Each server operates under RAID 5 configuration providing redundant coverage for the hard drives.
- Daily data backups are stored on a separate network storage device at the data centre for rapid recovery.
- Copies of these backups are also held securely off site to ensure complete data security.
- Backups are available for any instant during the preceding month to protect against data loss through user error.
- Regular backups of the data can be provided to the customer on DVD to provide complete peace of mind.
- Each server operates with redundant power supplies.
- Pengower operate with sufficient server capacity that in the event of a machine failure an alternate server can be brought on stream by the end of the working day.
- The data-centre within which the servers are housed has independent backup power facilities should power to the main grid be lost.
- The data-centre is on the main backbone of the Internet and is operated by one of Europe’s largest IT providers providing excellent and reliable network connectivity.
- In the event that all connectivity is lost to the data-centre Pengower maintain servers at a separate location that can be brought online using the off-site backup data.
- Pengower provide phone, email and internet support to all their customers.
- Issues will be reviewed within one working day of receipt and regular updates will be provided during resolution.
If you have any queries relating to the delivery of Pengower products and services please contact the support team at email@example.com
The Pengower infrastructure has built in redundancy that ensures the risk of customer outage is reduced to negligible levels. We use state-of-the art system monitoring (24 hours a day), which means that any system problems are quickly identified and solved, preventing any systems outages from occurring. In addition, our systems are managed in an environment whose features include:
- Security - Physical security is offered around the clock and includes security staff, CCTV and perimeter sensors. Access control is strictly monitored.
- Cabinets - Locked cabinet space and managed cabling, access is practical and totally secure.
- Fire Suppression - We operate a FM200 fire suppression system. The equipment guards against false alarms and ensures fast, efficient suppression without damage to your hardware in the event of a real emergency.
- Connectivity - The Data Centre is supplied via two large 2.5Gbps pipes for maximum reliability and performance.
- Air Conditioning - Air conditioning systems maintain the temperature and humidity at optimum levels throughout the hosting suites
- Power Supply - Electrical supplies are provided via a 1 MVA Parallel Redundant (N+1) Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) system with automatic generator back-up if power from the public utility supply should fail.
- Service Ducts - Service ducts house all cabling in an ideal environment, guaranteeing maximum performance and minimum disturbance.
We pride ourselves for offering high security and backups to our customers and partners. If problems were to occur we have two enterprise, high class data centres – we use one solely for backup.
|Technical (hosting) Space||930 square metres (10,000 square feet) delivered as up to 500 foot-prints|
|Floor Loading||5kN per square metre|
|Building||Technical space split over two floors with two suites per floor|
|Other Amenities||Site security desk and office, service lift, linkway to UKS South at high and low level. Meeting room and other offices|
|Provisions for extended on-site working||Customer rest area equipped with welfare amenities, toilets and showers|
|Power Specification||1.5kW/M2 per system, A+B systems for resiliency|
|Utility Supply||11kV Supply delivered via dual cable arrangement from Studley and Ipsley substations|
|Core Distribution||2 x 2MVA Transformers feeding A and B supplies|
|Backup UPS||Two independent systems to provide true diverse feeds and protect customer equipment during transfer to generators|
|Generators||2 x 1MVA prime rated diesel generator systems at launch, up to 5 parallel (4+1 spare) in line with load requirements|
|Generator Autonomy||28,000 litres fuel (1 week) with fuel supply agreements|
|Power per Footprint||Suites designed to average 4kW per footprint|
|Cooling - Specification||1.5kW/M2 load (resiliency through per system A+B systems, 26±2 oC). Target 27oC inlet air in-line with best practice.|
|Cooling - Air Handling||Air handling units arranged in A+B systems at 100% capacity per system into pressurised floor|
|Cooling - Chillers and Redundancy||Energy efficient coolers arranged in A+B systems at 100% capacity per system|
|Monitoring||Suite based centrally managed Building Management System, with monitoring including: temperature; leak detection; occupancy; and BMS input from air-handling units, fire systems and other local M&E equipment.|
|Lighting||Environmentally aware occupancy based lighting with minimum lighting "always on". No external windows to suites.|
|Fire Detection||Building-wide fire detection with suite based multi-zones with both ionisation and optical detectors in roof, data floor and raised floor VESDA aspirating smoke detectors|
|Fire Suppression||FM-200® Heptafluoropropane agent|
|Access||Site perimeter control with "pod" style anti-tailgating doors between building reception and secure areas|
|Site Security||24x7 On-site security Full alarm system monitored 24x7 PAC access control system with audit logs and formal documented site access policy Internal and external CCTV with up to 90 days of motion activated capture|
|Other Network Provision|
|Roof Space||Apparatus for satellite and radio equipment subject to planning|
|Site Fibre Providers (Deliveries via independent ducts)||BT (Diverse), Virgin Media (Diverse) SSE Telecoms formally NEOS Networks (Diverse)|
|Other Telecommunications Access||Global Crossing (Fibernet) Telehouse East or Sovereign House POPs, Interconnect to carriers in: Telecity London/Manchester and Telehouse London, Telx in New York|